- Stye (Hordeolum Externum).
- Hordeolum Internum.
- Molluscum/Viral Warts.
Stye (also called Hordeolum externum) Stye or Hordeolum Externum is suppurative inflammation of Gland of Zeiss. It is an infection of the eyelid most notably affects a gland of the eye called Gland of Zeiss. It is usually caused by a bacterium called Staphylococcus. It presents as a painful, red looking swelling on the eyelid.It is seen in: Poor Lid Hygiene
- Low resistance to staphylococci.
- Uncorrected Refractive error i.e. Requirement of Glasses.
- In some cases Diabetes Mellitus.
- Hot Compresses.
- Incision & drainage surgery after pus formation.
Hordeolum Internum It is an inflammation of Meibonium glands of the eyelid which points on inner side of Lid It is treated by surgical incision & drainage + Antibiotics.