Leucorrhoea is per vaginal white discharge, which could be physiological or pathological. This is the commonest symptom with which patient presents.
Many a times women experience excessive mucoid discharge per vaginum in premenstrual or postmenstrual period, which is normal. It can also be seen in adolescent girls or infants & with sexual excitement.
Common causes of pathological leucorrhoea are:
- Vaginal infections are of following types:
- Bacterial–gonococci, tuberculosis, syphilis etc.
- Parasitic–Candidial, trichomonal.
- Non-specific–foreign body, senile etc.
- Cervical erosion & cervicitis.
- Uterine polyps, fibroids.