How to Prevent Transmission? Prevention & control approach of JE is based on epidemiological principles of source reduction, interruption of transmission and protection of susceptible population. These approaches are supplemented by IEC activities, community participation, interesectoral co–ordination and training of field staff for improved case management.
- Source Reduction: Control of Animal Reservoir.
- Notification of Cases
- Interruption of transmission with vector control & Eco friendly measures.
- IEC activities using Electronic media, Press & message to the community.
- Community Participation in notification of cases and referrals, spray and other mosquito control measures, support to rehabilitation activities.
- Inter sectoral co–ordination with other departments, Private/NGO sector & with people’s representatives.